It may be a bit late, but I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating the new year, with lots of love and laughter.
I tend to dislike new years resolutions. People almost never follow them. That’s why I thought about my hopes for the future, not only for 2012. I know they aren’t all very realistic, but that’s why they are called hopes.
I hope that in time…
- … more people will become aware of all the positive things that veganism (and vegetarianism) include. People will be healthier and will cause less harm to animals if they decide to take the vegan (or vegetarian) route.
- … all cars on the road drive on sustainable electric power, f.e. solar power, wind energy, water power, …The world will be more quiet and less tainted with unhealthy gasses for people and nature.
- … there will be no more harm to animals. Not to pets, not to farm animals, not to wild animals. People who do try to hurt any living creature will be punished for this by the law.
- … all produce will be organic. No more harmful pesticides which harm nature and its creatures. On this note I would like to add that I hope there will be no more GMO’s (bye bye Monsanto), because it destroys so much.
- … people will be more tolerant towards eachother, no matter what colour their skin is, what gender they are, what sexual orientation they have, which religion they follow, what choices they make and thoughts they have.
On a more personal level I hope that I can continue my journey towards veganism. I hope me and my husband can live in a wonderfull, sustainable and eco home. I hope I can learn more about ecological living and veganism. And I hope that I will write plenty informative posts and good recipes on this blog, combined with some decent photography!
I hope that in time there will be peace on earth, maybe a bit corny to end, but we can hope . And on that note, I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year with lots of love and activism!
What are your hopes and wishes for the future?